Brand image is not just a logo, color scheme, or slogan. It’s a comprehensive perception that customers have of your company. It’s something that develops in people’s minds and shapes their purchasing choices. That’s why building a brand image is one of the key elements of marketing strategy. In this article, we will discuss what brand image is and why it’s worth paying special attention to. Keep reading to learn more.
What is a brand image?
A brand image is the overall perception of a brand in the minds of consumers. It encompasses various aspects, such as:
- Visual identity: This includes the logo, color scheme, fonts, and other graphic elements that make the brand recognizable.
- Personification: A brand can be perceived as a person – it has its distinctive characteristics, values, and personality. Customers often identify with brands that reflect their own values and beliefs.
- Storytelling: Stories about the brand, its origins, mission, and values play a significant role in building the brand image. Customers like to associate with brands that have an interesting story to tell.
- Product or service quality: How well the brand fulfills the promises made in its communications and advertisements affects its image. The quality of products or services is a key element in building trust.
- Reputation: Customer opinions, reviews, and recommendations play a significant role in shaping a brand’s image. Positive reviews build trust, while negative ones can harm the reputation.
Why is the brand image so important?
- Consumer trust: Competition is fierce, and customers have many options to choose from, which raises their expectations. A strong brand image builds trust and helps attract loyal customers.
- Better pricing: Brands with a strong image often can charge higher prices for their products or services because customers are willing to pay more for brands they consider trustworthy and high-quality.
- Customer loyalty: Customers who are loyal to a brand often come back for more and recommend it to their friends. This contributes to stable revenue and company growth.
- Competitive advantage: A strong brand image can help you stand out from the competition. Customers often choose brands they associate with confidence and professionalism.
- Easier introduction of new products: If your brand has a strong image, new products or services are more likely to be accepted by customers because they trust you as a provider.
How to build a company reputation?
Building a brand identity is a multi-stage process that involves various aspects of a company’s activities and communication with the environment. It’s a complex process because it requires considering many factors and actions that work together to create a consistent, appealing, and credible brand image.
Building a brand image – Defining a strategy
A strategic approach is crucial because it involves thoughtful planning of actions that align with the brand’s goals and values. This requires clear business and strategic objectives that will guide marketing and communication efforts. Strategic planning also allows for adapting to change market and competitive conditions.
Consistency of actions – How to build a positive brand image?
Consistency is extremely important because building a brand identity is a long-term process. Cohesion in messages, actions, and brand values helps build trust and credibility in the eyes of customers. Consistency means the brand must adhere to its declared values and promises, as well as maintain visual and communication consistency in all interactions with customers.
Conduct research to understand the opinions of current and potential customers and to track the latest market trends. Use survey tools like Vivelio for this purpose. Utilize available features and innovative solutions, such as the ability to conduct insight analysis using decision paths and behavioral indexes. Learn how to conduct market research through surveys by clicking here.
Building a brand identity – Why is it worth it?
Building a brand identity is a process that requires time and commitment, but it can bring significant benefits in the form of loyal customers and success in the market. Investing in a brand identity is an investment in the future of the company. Remember that a brand image is not just what the company says about itself; it’s what customers think about it. Therefore, it’s important to deliver value and fulfill the promises made in the company’s reputation at every stage.